This easy-to-follow guide is perfect for beginners wishing to learn the forgotten art of ticket-writing and sign-painting.
Featuring accompanying diagrams, this 1916 volume restores life to the once-essential craft of ticket and sign making. Providing a comprehensive overview of the tools and materials you will need, as well as instructions as to how to form the correct letters, shapes, and colour contrasts, this is an essential beginner’s guide.
The contents of this volume include:
- The Ticket-Writer’s Tools and Materials
- Using the Brush in Ticket-Writing
- Roundhand, Italic, and Script Letters
- Shaded Letters
- Square-Point Brush and Pen Work on Tickets
- Colour Contrasts in Sign-Writing
- Raised Ornaments and Letters on Signs
Proudly republished by Old Hand Books, this new edition of Ticket-Writing and Sign-Painting features an introduction to the craft by Frederic W. Goudy.