A comprehensive guide to the main varieties of birthstones, including their properties and structure.
This volume features extracts from eight historical articles on the subjects of gemology and crystallography. This illustrative guide to birthstones is an ideal read for those who are interested in learning more about their spiritual connection to the natural world.
Featured extracts taken from the following articles:
- – ‘Gems and Gem Materials’ Edward Henry Kraus
- – ‘The Natural History of Gems – Or, Decorative Stones’ C. W. King
- – ‘Diamonds and Precious Stones – Their History, Value and Distinguishing Characteristics’ Harry Emanuel
- – ‘A Manual of Precious Stones and Antique Gems’ Hodder M Westropp
- – ‘Precious Stones and Gems – Their History, Sources and Characteristics’ Edwin W. Streeter
- – ‘Gem Testing’ B W Anderso
- – ‘A Hand-Book of Precious Stones’ M. D. Rothschild
- – ‘Gem Stones and Their Distinctive Characters’ G. F. Herbert Smith