Five Classic Horror Stories is a collection of the most chilling and influential horror stories ever written, including tales by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley and Robert Louis Stevenson.
These five ghastly tales are sure to make your hair stand on end. Read Victor Frankenstein’s story as the young scientist pillages graveyards for body parts to fulfil his macabre desire to create life. Discover Dr Jekyll’s wicked monster, Mr Hyde, who evolves from a horrific experiment destroying the balance between good and evil. Meet a strange young woman who appears to be unafraid of anything. Reveal quietly monstrous incidents and curious circumstances in Transylvania. Immerse yourself in a Parisian opera house where a malevolent phantom haunts the stage.
The contents of this volume include:
- – Frankenstein or The Modern Prometheus (1818) by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- – The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (1886) by Robert Louis Stevenson
- – The Were-Wolf (1896) by Clemence Housman
- – Dracula (1897) by Bram Stoker
- – The Phantom of the Opera (1909) by Gaston Leroux
Featuring psychological thrillers, supernatural interventions, and classic gothic horror, this volume is a gripping read and highly recommended for lovers of horror fiction but not for the faint of heart. Fantasy and Horror Classics is proud to be publishing this fantastic collection.